Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chance - my training experience!

So I have been at Holiday Barn for a little over 5 weeks now learning all sorts of new things. I know how to walk very well on a leash, sit and stay...even with distractions! I come when called and Melanie's favorite is the "Climb" command. I get up on a bed in the lobby and just lay there while other dogs and people come and go. I am so good at it and all the other customers love my big smile. I have been spending time with other dogs and enjoying that, I don't even react if another dog gets too pushy with me. Winnie, Melanie's Foster, jumped right on my back the first time she met me and I let Melanie correct her instead of doing it myself. Everyone here is so proud of me...and after 3 years of waiting I have an adoption pending...can you believe it! I am so excited about having a forever home and I am very thankful for the people at RDR for sticking by me while I waited. As always if you or someone you know is looking for some bully to love check out the adoption page, you may just find you best friend waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment