Thursday, February 17, 2011

I think my back yard neighbor is afraid of me...

Or could it possibly be the 5 dogs??? Hmmm...

I am adamant that very little barking ever goes on in the back yard. All of my neighbors are pretty close to me, and I know they appreciate it being quiet as much as I do. Especially the elderly ones, unless they're deaf, and then they don't even know. Right? But I digress. Okay, so out of the fur-kids, the only barker is my oldest, Pinkie. The others just look over at whoever is going by. No big deal. But miss Pinkie is full on barking with a huge Mohawk all down her back- even a good part of the tail! Yep. Like she's in "attack" mode, whatever that is. All she really wants to do is knock the people over and lick them down. You'd never know by the whole display there, but that's just her and she has done that from day one. So whenever we hear her outside, we get out there, quiet her down and get her inside.

Today was a gorgeous afternoon, so when I came home for lunch, I played with the kids outside for a while. Just as I noticed the back yard neighbor had clothes hanging out, it sounded like his door started to open. But out of the corner of my eye, I see the curtains moving around and the door closes. Being the Leo I am, I immediately thought he didn't want to be neighborly with me. What?!?! Once sanity and reason entered the picture, I realized there were also 3 dogs out there and maybe that was it. Even though I know who is the barker, he doesn't remember and most likely wanted to avoid barking altogether. So I guess it is them after all and not me. Damn...

How can you not love these faces?

No comments:

Post a Comment